Last wednesday 4th of February it took place in Sitges the V Final National Round of the Global Bacardi Legacy Competition at Casa Bacardí. The 10 contestants who came from Barcelona, Valencia, Córdoba, Palma de Mallorca, Gijón and Madrid showed their skills in front of an exclusive jury formed by Javier de las Muelas, barman and businessman, Ramón Francás, journalist at La Vanguardia, Nan Ferrerer, director of the CETT, Pepe Dioni, president of the Spanish Barmans Association, Jesús Bilbao, one of the souls of the Bacardí House and Josep María Gotarda, owner of Ideal Cocktail Bar and president of Catalonia’s Barman Club.
The winners of this round were, in first place: Jaime Añón, from Córdoba, with the cocktail Victoria Indomable, which recipe is:
- 75 ml Ron BACARDÍ Carta Blanca
- 20 ml syrup of Montecristo habano
- 20 ml of bitter orange marmalade
- 25 ml lime juice
- 3 pinches of chocolate Bitter
In second place there was David González Manzano, from Madrid, with the cocktail Añoranza:
- 45 ml Ron BACARDÍ Carta Blanca
- 15 ml cassis liqueur
- 22,5 ml lime juice
- 22,5 ml de thyme syrup
And in third place there was Cristina Bruno from Barcelona with the cocktail Fénix:
- 50 ml Ron BACARDÍ Carta Blanca.
- 1 slice of flambe pinneapple with BACARDÍ 8 years
- 20 ml mashed coconut.
- 20 ml chile’s syrup.
- 2 dash cocoa cream G. Boudier.
Especial mention to Raúl Rexach, colleague of el Club del Barman and his cocktail Alma:
- 60 ml Ron BACARDÍ Carta Blanca
- 40ml vanilla and lime syrup
- 20ml coconut infused egg-white
- 2 hits of bitters
- Dusted cocoa and lime twist
Congratulations to all participants and specially to the winners of the contest!